MFOS Euro Noise (SMT - Black Version)
We acquired music from outer space in 2016 in order to carry on the great work of ray wilson-- and we are proud to announce another module in the series of new mfos eurorack modules, the noise maker!
We've taken ray's design and brought it up to date for eurorack:
- conversion to DIY-friendly SMT design for most pcb parts
- retained certain through-hole parts to help maintain that classic analog richness (styrene cap, tempco resistor, et al)
- aluminum panels in a beautiful new design aesthetic by grayscale, 14hp wide
- 'either way' eurorack power circuitry (by neutron sound) to eliminate the risk of cable reversing- no blown ICs!
- all pcb-mounted panel components- pots, jacks, leds and switches-- no hand wiring!
If you are relatively new to modular synthesis, this would be a great choice!
- there is a lot of documentation about the construction, calibration, testing and operation of this module, including the legacy noise module, of which many have been made
- it's designed to be DIY-friendly with 'large' SMT parts (SOIC, 0805 and 1206 packages)
- it's part of the foundation for a full modular synth rig, with other MFOS eurorack modules to create a cohesive, classic analog synth in 84hp or 104hp
- the functions are 'foundational'-- learn the capabilities of 'basic' synth functions including white noise
if you're still intimidated by DIY SMT soldering, we'll offer the pcbs, bundles and kits with SMT parts pre-soldered for you.
full kits include everything you need!
On Demand Info
These kits and assembled modules are offered on demand, click the link to learn more.